It was 1950 when Tilza Secondary school opened its doors to society. The first graduation was celebrated in 1955The first headmaster was Jānis Laupacis (1950-1951). Other headmasters who devoted long and productive years were: Alberts Slišāns (1968-1988) and Voldemārs Čeksis (1991-2015). 

The school was named after a military officer Fjodors Sirotins and his name appeared in the official title till 1990

Since 1990 our school is located in a beautifully renovated building, on the bank of the Tilza river, surrounded by chestnut trees. The building, by the way, is one of the newest school buildings in Balvi region.  Gunta Rižā has been our headmaster since 2015